Surprise!

Now, before anyone who reads this blog thinks I am pregnant....I AM NOT! But I have been surprised so many times the last three days that it is notable.

First, I was surprised Saturday night when I went with my teenager to a Skillet concert. Decypher Down and Disciple were opening. I have to be honest, I couldn't tell a Disciple song from...um...anything until we bought the album. On first impression, I found myself thinking "Aerosmith met God!" But then I went to the concert. I loved it!!! Sure, they did all sorts of moves I don't even think I could do, but you just couldn't sit still. And when Skillet came on (I recognize more of their songs) I was really ready to go. I think I am hooked. Bring on the next concert...

The second surprise came today. We are having a new room built in our basement for said teenager. She has been putting up with a space a little larget than a closet for the last 6 months. I got called down to talk to the contractor in the middle of Glenn's reading lesson. When I came upstairs, fully expecting to have to chase down students for more school, I found Steven on the couch finishing the lesson with Glenn. It was such a proud moment. He anticipated a need and fulfilled it! Altruism, here we come! Ok, maybe that is taking it too far. But someday...

For dinner tonite: Chicken Parm, Alfredo sauce with pasta, spinach salad with strawberries and toasted nuts.

1 comments:

RRigdon said...

I didn't know you blogged!! Consider me a follower. :) And you run, too? Shoot...we need to hang out.